Accountability | Spotlight
Accountability is a small, fast-growing and knowledgeable, professional team of accounting professionals providing bespoke outsourced finance solutions. Their services include bookkeeping, advice on accounting software, management reporting, VAT, payroll, auto-enrolment and in house training provision. They love getting into the nitty-gritty – to ensure their customers’ data is accurate and reliable. Committed to continuous CPD, they are enthusiastic about delivering useful, meaningful information, which allows their customers to make informed decisions. Accountability specialises in Xero advisory work, clean-ups and consultation on accounting automation. Their clients love what they do – and because of continued and substantial growth in this area, they are now looking to expand their team.
Experience New & exciting challenges
Digital Accounting Specialist
The role of Digital Accounting Specialist has been created to capitalise and build on the business’s recent growth, specifically around project work. These projects range from Xero advisory work to cleansing and analysing clients’ data. In addition, working with business owners to ensure they can make more informed decisions, delivering the data they want and need to know.
The role reports directly to the business’ Managing Director and presents an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious, fast-growing Firm with exciting growth plans. The business is looking to increase headcount by over 300% in the next 5 years. This role offers an opportunity to progress to Director level and obtain profit share and equity in the medium term.
The position of Digital Accounting Specialist would be ideally suited to someone coming from a small to medium-sized Accountancy Practice. The successful candidate will have a proactive and innovative mindset, with the ability to identify new business opportunities and convert them into new projects or customers.
A significant proportion of the Firm’s work is project-based and so the ideal candidate will be adaptable, solutions-driven and possessing strong problem-solving skills. Accountability is a small Accountancy firm and as such, the successful individual should be willing to have a hands-on approach and get involved with all aspects of their service offering. The Firm is hugely passionate about Xero and generally, the increase of technology in Accountancy and so the ideal person will share this passion and be well versed in both Xero and the commonly associated apps such as Float, Fathom, Futrli etc.
Key to Success:
- Professionally qualified with an accountancy body and ideally experienced across a broad range of business types
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of competency in transactional recording in Xero
- Fully conversant with commonly used Xero apps – being able to distinguish Float from Fathom and Soldo from Spotlight and be skilled in implementing new software
- Passionate about the purpose of accounting and be able to communicate and deliver a vision of what a set of accounts can do. You will also need to be able to clearly identify the means of transforming often incomplete numbers into robust financials
- Professional, friendly and engaging. This role requires the post-holder to communicate with clients in a meaningful way about their businesses, and also internally to support and engage with other members of the team
- Organised. The post-holder will need to scope out projects, engaging with other team members to assist in delivery where required and ensuring that projects are turned out for clients as planned
- Prepared to roll up their sleeves. They are a small (but growing) team – and support is available, but you will need to demonstrate an appetite to get stuck in.
Sound like you? Why not view the job description to find out about the duties and responsibilities.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role please get in touch with Gareth Spowart, Senior Public Practice Consultant, on 07719 108 236 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.