Shepherd and Wedderburn | Spotlight
iMultiply are delighted to be partnering exclusively with leading law firm Shepherd and Wedderburn to assist with the recruitment of their Head Cashier vacancy based in Edinburgh City Centre. The position of Head Cashier is solely responsible for management of the cashiering and client monies team on a daily basis ensuring the team’s workload is carried out effectively, efficiently, accurately and timeously.
Experience New & exciting challenges
With offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and the City of London, Shepherd and Wedderburn deliver comprehensive multi-jurisdictional legal advice across every business sector as well as offering a full range of private client and wealth management services.
As one of the UK’s leading law firms, S+W strive to be an employer of choice and place great importance on the quality of their people at all levels of the business. Their culture is one of support for each other and for the wider interests of the business. Their clients report that they are good people to work with. Investing in talent at all levels is a priority in order to maintain a high-quality service. This is reflected by the firms IIP & IIYP accreditations. They operate a pro-active policy to ensure employee development and ongoing training making this opportunity ideal for someone looking for a positive career move.
The Head Cashier role is solely responsible for management of the cashiering and client monies team on a daily basis ensuring the team’s workload is carried out effectively, efficiently, accurately and timeously.
The position of Head Cashier will offer an industry competitive salary plus a highly competitive benefits package. The working office premises are based in Edinburgh City Centre which are easily accessible by public transport.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Proactively manage the Cashiering and Client Monies team on a daily basis, ensuring the team’s workload is carried out effectively, efficiently, accurately, timeously and to a high standard
- Continuously review working practices and propose and implement improved processes and procedures where appropriate
- Be fully responsible for ensuring that books and records, in terms of firm and client balances, are accurate and are fully reconciled on a daily basis
- Ensure that the firm, and Cashroom specifically, complies with the Law Society of Scotland and the Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules at all times
- Liaise with the group’s bankers as and when necessary;
Complete the six-monthly certificate submission for the Law Society of Scotland
- Be responsible for completing the month end and year-end financial system roll forward of the books and records.