Accountability | Spotlight
Accountability is a small, fast-growing and knowledgeable team of accounting professionals providing bespoke outsourced finance solutions. Their services include bookkeeping, advice on accounting software, management reporting, VAT, payroll, auto-enrolment, in house training provision. They love getting into the nitty-gritty – to ensure their customers’ data is accurate and reliable. Committed to continuous CPD, they are enthusiastic about delivering useful, meaningful information, which allows their customers to make informed decisions. Accountability specialises in Xero advisory work, clean-ups and consultation on accounting automation. Their clients love what they do – and because of continued and substantial growth, they are now looking to expand their team.
Experience New & exciting challenges
The role of Accounts Senior has been created to capitalise and build on the business’s recent growth across a range of different streams – ranging from Xero advisory work to cleansing and analysing clients’ data. Working with business owners to ensure they are able to make more informed decisions, delivering the data they want and need to know. The role reports directly to the Head of Virtual Finance Delivery and presents an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious, fast-growing Firm with exciting growth plans. The business is looking to increase its headcount by over 300% in the next 5 years.
The position of Accounts Senior would be ideally suited to someone coming from a small to medium-sized Accountancy Practice or SME. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be passionate about delivering an insightful and valued service. A significant proportion of the Firm’s work is project-based and so the ideal candidate will be adaptable, solutions-driven and possess strong problem-solving skills. Accountability is a small Accountancy firm and as such, the successful individual should be willing to have a hands-on approach and get involved with all aspects of their service offering. The Firm is hugely passionate about Xero and generally, the increase of technology in Accountancy and so the ideal person will share this passion and be well versed in both Xero and the commonly associated apps such as Float, Fathom, Futrli etc.
The role of Accounts Senior will take responsibility for a portfolio of clients, working in partnership with them to understand the mechanics of their businesses and to provide timely and insightful management information. Part of the Firm’s service offering is a day to day finance support, you will be responsible for supervising the delivery and progress of this portfolio of clients.
Key to Success:
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts, across a specified portfolio of clients.
- Ongoing review of systems and processes, ensuring clients’ work is delivered in the most meaningful and effective way possible.
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT returns.
- Provision of support around the day-to-day transactional data entry process, carried out either by clients’ teams or by Accountability colleagues.
- Preparation of working papers, ensuring balance sheet control accounts are appropriately reconciled and documenting this appropriately.
- Preparation of appropriate journal entries at period ends to ensure management accounts are meaningful.
- Liaison with external accountants responsible for the production of financial statements and tax returns.
- Engage in new business activities, attending meetings with prospective and existing clients.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role please get in touch with Gareth Spowart, Senior Public Practice Consultant, on 07719 108 236 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sound like you? Why not view the job description to find out about the duties and responsibilities.